At PECO, safety is our top priority. As part of our commitment to safety, we have resumed in home pickups and will be using added safety precautions including wearing masks, safety glasses and gloves when picking up your unit. We also ask that customers maintain 6 feet between themselves and our pickup crews on day of pickup.
How to participate
- $75 rebate check per qualifying refrigerator and/or freezer*
- $10 rebate check per qualifying room air conditioner with the pickup of a refrigerator or freezer
- Applicant must be a PECO electric customer
- Customers living in multi-family buildings who do not receive an electric bill from PECO but own their fridge are eligible to participate in PECO Appliance Recycling if the appliance can be picked up from a garage, porch or outbuilding. To schedule a fridge or freezer pickup, please call 1-888-5-PECO-SAVE (1-888-573-2672) and a customer service rep will assist you.
- Applicant must own the appliance
- Refrigerators and freezers must be regular household size (10-30 cubic feet)
- Appliance must be in working (cooling) order, empty, clean and plugged in at the time of pickup
- Water line must be disconnected
- Appliance will be picked up at no charge from your PECO billing account address
- Two large appliances (refrigerators and freezers) maximum per PECO account per calendar year.
- Room air conditioner must be picked up in conjunction with a fridge or freezer pickup and not picked up separately by itself. Two air conditioners maximum per household per calendar year.
- Pickup trucks are not permitted to enter and park in customer driveways. For the safety of our pickup crews, units will not be removed from your home if your driveway is 200 feet or more to the street.
For questions, call 888-573-2672