In light of the impact of COVID-19 we're committed to doing what's best for our customers and staff. Out of an abundance of caution, we are only collecting appliances from outside of customer residences (garage, patio, porch or behind garage) at this time. By moving your appliance outside prior to your pickup appointment, you'll allow our staff to safely collect and recycle your unit without physical contact with you. Thank you for your understanding.
Print release form for a no-contact pickup
Sign Up Now!
Please fill in your PSEG Long Island account number below and follow the 2 short steps on the following screens to schedule your pick-up today.
- You must be a PSEG Long Island customer and own the appliance.
- Appliance must be picked up at the service location associated with your account #.
Refrigerator must be 10-30 cu. ft., plugged in, and operating (cooling) at the time of the
scheduled pick-up. Sub-Zero models are not eligible for this program.
- Units must be manufactured prior to 2010. Limit of two (2) refrigerators/freezers per year,
- Your reward of $50 will be mailed to you within 4 weeks after pickup of appliance.
- Working room air conditioners and dehumidifiers can be picked up in conjunction with a
refrigerator/freezer – limit 3 per year, per account.
- $35 online credit voucher per unit**.
- As a courtesy to our customers, if the pickup team verifies that your unit fails to meet the
program requirements, (i.e. size, age, working/non-working), you will be informed why.
The pickup team will still offer to remove your unit as long as you sign a release form
acknowledging that you are not eligible for a rebate but also authorizing ARCA to still
remove the unit.
*Disclaimer: Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice, including early termination of
this promotion. No additional fees apply. The $50 reward will be issued in the form of a check. PSEG
Long Island administers the recycling program on behalf of the Long Island Power Authority, the program
Please visit www.psegliny.com/efficiency for more details.
**Must recycle a qualifying refrigerator or freezer to have a room air conditioner or dehumidifier collected
(during same trip). Must be a working unit. $35 per room air conditioner or dehumidifier with a cumulative
max of 3 units. $35 online voucher will be emailed to you after collection and can only be for use at PSEG
Long Island's online Efficiency Marketplace. Expiration information is provided with the electronic voucher.
Other restrictions may apply.