In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, to ensure the safety of our customers and staff, we're only collecting appliances from outside of customers' residences—garage, porch or outbuilding—at this time. By moving your appliance(s) outside prior to your pickup appointment, you'll allow our staff to safely collect and recycle your unit without physical contact with you. Thank you for your understanding.
For a no-contact pickup, you must print the release form provided in this application and place it inside your refrigerator or freezer prior to pickup.
- Get a $50 reward for recycling an old, working refrigerator or freezer.
- Get an additional $25 reward if you also recycle an old, working room air conditioner or dehumidifier at the same time as your refrigerator or freezer.
- You must be a BGE residential electric customer with a valid account number. Your appliance(s) will be picked up, at no charge, from the address listed on your billing account.
- You must own the refrigerator, freezer, dehumidifier or room air conditioner.
- All appliance(s) must be collected from an outside location (e.g., garage, porch or outbuilding).
- The refrigerator and/or freezer must be 10 to 30 cubic feet.
- The refrigerator, freezer and/or dehumidifier must be cleaned out.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be defrosted and dry, drip pan drained and water lines disconnected.
- Your appliance(s) must be in working condition. We are unable to accept any appliance(s) with mold or mildew damage.
- Ensure that the refrigerator or freezer is closed securely and cannot be opened by children.
- There must be a clear and safe passage for appliance removal. We cannot remove railings or move furniture.
- An adult age 18 or older must be present at the time of pickup.
- Limit of three large units (refrigerators and/or freezers) and four small units (room air conditioners and/or dehumidifiers) per BGE residential household from 1/1/2018 through 12/31/2020.
For questions, call 866-898-1901